Saturday, May 5, 2012

... in the meantime.

An effort to complete a task often takes more than one try these days.
I spent most of the afternoon on a project the other day and realized that it used to take only a few minutes to finish that particular type of work; but that was a number of years ago.
I turned 63 recently and the overwhelming reality that I can't do as much as I used to is hard to take. I have been so active in the past that it became second nature to accomplish a lot of things in one day and not think much about it at all. Not now. I have to measure out the efforts now. I tire more easily and I don't process near a many thoughts and ideas as I used to.
Age is a relative term, I know, but I don't feel any older in my mind; just my body. The aches and pains are numerous and for the most part a constant issue. I awake with many of the same ones I had yesterday and even find that a few new ones have "joined the club" for whatever reason.
This brings me to yet another thought. What happens next?
I'm not looking to check out anytime soon but if I do I'll be alright with it. God is the time keeper for me.
I'm just going to do everything I can in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment