Wednesday, March 8, 2017

....those that have eyes to see

I somehow bruised my right eye. It seems to have happened while I slept; self inflicted. So much for being graceful.
A number of years ago, I hit myself in the same eye while working at a refinery in Cyril, Oklahoma as an Electrician's helper. I nearly lost the eye, but God spared me, healing me completely.
The pain was severe then and significant now, but not nearly as bad. It reminded me of the original event and I then thought of the dozens of other incidents I have experienced that could have cost me a limb or a finger or some other important part.  All of those fights and wrecks and accidents loom large in my memory.
We probably have no idea how many times the Lord has 'saved our bacon' from devastating circumstances. Any number of scenarios come to mind when I take a little time to consider some of the possibilities. My over active imagination brings up some pretty crazy ideas. How about you?
We are so blessed. The Bible speaks about how the evil one is 'roaming about' in search of ways to 'do us in', but then our 'protection' goes into effect and overcomes the attack. Isn't that the coolest? I think so.
Now, when do we make the move to that next level? When do we begin to take back some of the territory the evil one has so often 'stolen' from us? We have that power you know. Jesus said, "you will do greater things....", because He went to be with Father and sent The Holy Spirit to 'teach us all things'.
I like that. I like the sound of having authority over evil and actually using it for good. Too many use their power to do evil, selfish things. We should be bigger than that.
And we  can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment