Thursday, May 13, 2010

Working Blind

I set up another website yesterday. It was such a pleasure because it was for a super person. He doesn't think he's a super person but he really is. He's quiet, unassuming, gentle and funny. His new book comes out soon and he needs a website to promote and inform and I got to do it for him. Picture me with my thumbs in my suspenders with a big grin on my fat little face and you'll get a good idea of how I feel inside. I love doing 'kewl' things like that. I know it's because I have to do so many mundane things in the course of a regular day even though I have the 'kewlest' day job of just about anybody I know. I can chose to do this or that on any given day and no one tells me what to do , except my wife, and I kinda like that to tell you the truth.

Now, I know that there may not be anyone reading this right now, but sooner or later there will be and when that happens I want them to know how I feel about and this and that and I don't want to have to remember it until then and try to write about it in 'past tense'.

RapN Gran E will be coming to the studio tomorrow. It's been a few years since we finished her first project and she's coming back to begin the next one. I listened to the songs in short segments just to remind myself of some of the things we did back then. It was a neat walk through the history of how the songs 'fleshed out' and how each one took on a personality all it's own and became a 'song' instead of an idea set to music.

I am so blessed. I get to 'play' all the time where most people have to 'work' and even labor to make ends meet. For some reason God has chosen to put me in a place where I can 'create' and do all the things that come to mind; experimenting with sound and art and video. I once had to climb a ladder everyday and push a brush full of paint onto the outside of houses I didn't own. I longed for the day when I could do what I do now. That's a miracle you know. God's grace and favor. I owe him so much. Much more than I'll ever be able to repay.

Now, when you read this, remember that I am/ was thinking of how very fortunate I am and not about what I don't have. I think that's imnportant.
Be blessed
John

No comments:

Post a Comment