Monday, January 11, 2016

...in sickness and in health

I can't remember the last time I was so sick. I was fine Saturday morning but by that afternoon I had passed out at least twice and was wringing wet with sweat after each trip to the bathroom to throw up. The dreaded flu bug had descended on our house with a vengeance. Dianna came down with it the Wednesday before and I thought I had escaped, but not so. This bug is devastating. My ribs are extremely sore and I have had a hard time keeping warm.
It may just be me or have the 'bugs' been especially rough these past few years? I have been spared the worst of it by far but still, I keep seeing and hearing about how bad this person was or how hard that person had it and it makes me wonder.
I can barely get out of bed and make it to the couch before I'm ready for a nap. I have little to no strength and I have had a small bowl of soup, a grilled cheese and some Ginger Ale plus a handful of snack crackers in the past 48 hours. I really feel sorry for the ones that have had this worse than I have. Dianna gave me a shot of Tea Tree Oil in some Ginger Ale a few hours before I got really sick. I think that cut my bout with the bug in half or more. Had we thought of it even sooner, I may not have even gotten sick at all.
Dianna spent the night on the bathroom floor when she got ill and didn't get out of bed for almost four days. I feel very blessed to have missed that ordeal. Even while I was getting so sick she was by my side 'doctoring' me and keeping me from falling and picking me up after passing out. I don't know how she does it. I could tell she was weak but she gathered enough 'whatever' to do what needed to be done hour after hour through the two days and nights of misery. There is no stronger trooper in my opinion.
"In sickness and in health...."

No comments:

Post a Comment