Friday, January 22, 2016

Deception abounds

I am taking out time from my normal positive remarks to warn everyone about a very deceptive business practice being done by a company called Force Factor. I had responded to an email about a month ago regarding a supposed 'muscle building' product designed to build stamina and endurance. Since I work outside in the heat in the summer, I thought it might be worth investigating. I have suffered the loss of Potassium from being in the hot sun for many years and this product promised many positive results. The offer was for a " free sample"; all I had to pay was a small 'processing' fee of under $5.
I paid the asking price with my debit card and thought the matter was settled. I would await the arrival of the sample, try it out and hopefully begin the 'body building process' as described by the advertisement. The sample never came. The days turned into weeks and about two months passed. I checked my bank account a few days ago and to my dismay, Force Factor had taken $64.98 out of my account. I had read the advertisement, I thought, but somewhere in the "fine print" there was an something that gave them the idea they could just take an amount at a certain time if I didn't decline it in some way.
You can imagine how I felt. I was livid. I began looking up the company, which by the way wasn't easy. All I had was a code on my bank account specifying the amount taken and little else. After a bit of effort I discovered that Force Factor was indeed the culprit. I went to the internet and found a contact number to call. This is where things began to get even more infuriating and frustrating. The Force Factor answering system is a never ending sales pitch that does not allow the caller to get to a live operator. The message goes on and on often repeating the message over and over again.
I waited for almost 25 minutes with the phone on speaker as I tried to continue my work while waiting to talk to someone. That never happened. I finally hung up. my next approach was a little more successful in that I did get a response from some unknown person on the Force Factor Facebook page. I typed in my angry feelings for being deceived and a answer came in the next day asking for my last name and zip code; promising to help me. That was the end of that. Even after responding to their request, Force Factor did not reply with any information or resolution to the problem.
BE AWARE AND BE WARNED... Force Factor is very likely using deceptive business practices to take your money without your permission. It almost cost me $64.98. Thank God for Chase Bank They immediately returned the money to my account after a 5 minute phone call.

I will continue to inform everyone I know about this unscrupulous company and I can only hope that each one of you would repost comment this on your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages. We have to stand up against such dishonest business practices. If someone has a real product, they certainly do not have to DECEIVE THE PUBLIC by hidden charges that come out of your bank accounts unannounced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment