Friday, June 7, 2013

... we shall see

I pulled out my trusty pocket knife and cut the boxes open. The sound of pasteboard cutting has always sounded good to me for some reason. I suppose its because I am usually opening a new piece of equipment or a tool of some sort.
I pulled the two speakers out and set them onstage, replacing two old ones that have no doubt outlived their time.
After plugging them in, I turned on the sound system and pushed the button that activates my mic. A contented smile engulfed my face as I heard the clear, crisp tone of the words coming through. Knowing how long we have needed these 'tools', I felt a sense of completion as I turned the sound system off and closed the doors.
What a difference proper equipment makes. We have suffered with the old speakers for about two years now and I knew it would make a huge difference in how we hear each other, and in the end, how well we sing.
God has been so good to us. We seem to overcome while others are covered up with problems.
I am so thankful.
I am wondering how everyone will respond to the improvement.... we shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment