Tuesday, September 14, 2010

...I forgot that I prayed for patience

There must be some things that are 'time release' when it comes to the Holy Spirit.
I recall asking for more patience at one time or another and then I learned that my prayer was not such a good idea. Everything that irritated me hit me at the same time for about a week until things calmed down to a relative madness and then finally went back to normal.
I don't pray for patience.
However, these past few days have been a lot like the aftermath of that original prayer. Dianna got robbed, my Pastor got irritated with me, someone else announced their 'presence' in a way that totally surprised me, and there were a few other things that don't bear repeating that made the whole end of the week a minor disaster. What is it about trouble anyway? It always seems to come in packs like wolves, surrounding us and moving in for the 'kill'.
It's a good thing that we have God on our side. I hate to think of the outcome otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment