Saturday, October 2, 2010

... I think I'll put my feet up and relax awhile.

The cool evening air felt good on my face as I left the apartment and got into my car.
I had just showered and put on some old clothes that felt good after having been in my dress slacks and dress shoes all day.
We spent the day at a local college helping out on a unique project called Queen for a Day.
A local nonprofit has done this for six years now, inviting single Moms for a special 'day out' with many treats and prizes and pampering.
I was hired to do all of the Audio Video production and work at the event as the Floor Director. In the end there were about 325 women as guests of the organization and they all seemed to have a great time of it. I was exhausted but quite satisfied with how it all turned out and I learned a great deal about such an event that I can carry into future projects and make them much better and easier for the soundman.
Isn't it funny how one thing turns into another and yet another and another and eventually, in the doing, teaches you how to do it better the next time? I have always been a 'hands on' person anyway. This just serves to be another one of those experiences that show me how 'not' to do something in the future. The old 'hindsight' adage is still very much a true statement, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment