Friday, August 11, 2023

 The Summer progresses.

I woke up early in the morning; sometime after midnight. The calm and peace are ever present in the house now. I stayed up for a while and finally went back to bed some time later. The yard light illuminates the whole back yard and draws me to the window in the back door to peer out and look for 'critters'. Haven't seen any as yet, but I think the Fall will bring them out a bit more.  

We keep worship music playing throughout the day and that sets the tone for our work. Speaking of work, I just finished a funeral video for a man in Missouri. I felt as though it was a project that I needed to do for whatever reason, but it was confirmed to me as soon as I saw his Korean War veteran hat in one of the pictures. I like it when I get confirmations.

The hot summer is winding down now. We have had a couple of decent days where the heat index is down. I'm so ready for Fall. 

We still have the huge task of emptying boxes from the two trailers ahead of us. The heat has kept us away from them except in short spells I have yet to locate the record computer and some other studio pieces, but I think the Lord is delaying that for some reason. My spirit is not rushed to search for it, so I feel the reason will come when the box is found.

Di has installed a hummingbird feeder just outside her office window. She enjoys the occasional 'fly by' of a single bird. He or she, whatever that might be, floats in the window and looks in at her and then fly's off in search of more nectar elsewhere. Di gets great joy feeding the neighborhood animals unless they are destructive. I named the local squirrel, 'Bandit', because he is destructive. He chewed a hole in one of our coolers trying to get into the bird seed supply and then figured out how to open the top and just crawled right in and began munching away. We stood watching at the very moment he crawled into the box and sprang into action, driving him away. He swishes his tail violently when  we admonish him as if to say, "Who do you think you are? Don't you know this is my neighborhood!"

I like the neighborhood so far. It is quiet and not much traffic to disturb the peace even though we are at a four way stop. I will be interested to see how quiet it is on the 4th of July.

All in all, things are settling down here and rightfully so. We have been a little disheveled since the move, but I expect everything to settle nicely into place very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment