Tuesday, October 26, 2010

...in the cool, cool, cool of the evening.

I unlocked the Suburban and got in.
My friend got in and we started on our way to his place. I was taking him home after a few hours at my office, working on a plan to get video in the sanctuary for an upcoming meeting.
Just a s we pulled to the end of the parking lot we saw my neighbors standing at the curb. They don't normally do that, especially at 9:30m at a night, so I rolled down the window and was informed of an altercation going on in front of the church.
Sure enough, as i pulled up in the parking lot of the front side of the church, there was two of our residents of the Program Housing engrossed in a heated argument.
For whatever reason this seems to be a weekly event between these two and there is basically no getting through to either of them when they are entwined in a battle of the wills.
How is it that every one around them can see that they are being so immature and they can't see it? How is it that they continue to get into these tests of the two wills on a regular basis and can't learn anymore about each other that would help to stave off these engagements?
I know they both have to be hurting, but there is seemingly nothing I can do or anyone else for that matter.
Oh how we cheat ourselves out of peace and harmony by being selfish....
Sometimes I just want to take them by the arms and shake them until they listen and then I'm reminded of how I was so like them almost to a fault. I too was hard of hearing and course and much more.
Help them Lord, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment