Wednesday, January 19, 2011

...the end is in sight

I sat up in bed wondering how cold the floor would feel, wanting to stay right where I was.
The cozy covers begged me to stay right where I was, but the urge to get on into the day was stronger than the laziness I felt at the time. I knew that there were better things awaiting me if I would get going. I had two small projects on the verge of completion and I needed the income to keep the phone on.
Bills have a way of making their presence known don't they? It may just be a little nudge in the back of your mind, but it's there none the less. I always know when the phone bill is about to announce its arrival. For some reason that one bill nags me more than any other. I get these calls from the company that are so annoying. Even the tone of the guys voice on the line makes me irritable. I should have that job. I would be pleasant and unassuming.
'"Hello there! Did you know it's that time again? Why yes, you have another chance to pay for something! This time your Phone bill is due! How great! Don't rush, there's plenty of time to get it in before the day is over. You can do it online even! How cool is that? Just send us all your money, how's that? Then you won't have to worry about it for a long time. We'll keep up with the balance for you and call you back when it's due again. How's that?"
I am so glad to see a spark of new life in my wife's beautiful face this morning as we sat together in the living room. She has been terribly sick and I couldn't do a thing for her. She never gets sick. It's against the rules at our house for the Mom to get sick. Who will take care of us? Who will make the soup and bring us ice cream in bed? That's the rule. Mom can never be sick.... ever. No tolerance.
I got to bring the devotional at noon today.It felt really good to tell others how Jesus set me free. They seemed to take it all in and consider the possibilities that they too can get it. Several hands went up when I asked them if they got the meaning of what the words had to say and then I got to pray for a few of them. The small beginnings of such a chance encounter can have great results. I anticipate that I will get to do this a lot more in the coming days. Pray for me that God will use me fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment