Saturday, April 18, 2015

...and eventually boldness

I keep having these dreams where I'm suddenly standing up and declaring the Word of the Lord very boldly to people in various public places.
 I just stand up and begin speaking as if 'on cue'. It's usually as a 'scene' in one of my dream is ending and there is some significant point to be made about what has just happened.
Its like being in a movie, an action movie.

I don't want to sound egotisical in all of this, but I have to say, the boldness is something I've never experienced outside of these dreams. It's a sureness and an energy and the words just flow out like a well rehearsed song and they have continuity and a specific message and its powerful and unmistakable. I know they aren't my words but His words surging forth with great strength and purpose.

It's very exciting and I don't want to wake up for fear of missng something.... but I do, and then I can't rememeber what I've said exactly and then I'm dissappointed.
It's like hearing the words to a new song almost all the way through in a dream and then not recalling any of the words when I wake up and get my pen and paper and get ready to write....

This has happened in the past. It was years ago when I was bringing the Word at the Jesus House on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but not as strong as it is now. The strength is intense and its almost as though it radiates and carries a surge of power with it, for a distance, and then it decays and goes away like a reveb.
I wouldn't think or talk about it this much if it had just happened once or twice. This is an ongoing occurrance; albeit, not every night.

How amazing is our Lord! He gives us these 'gifts' and 'surprizes' out of nowhere. I dont expect it. It just happens.
 I thought about keeping this to myself but what if it does manifest itself when I'm awake?This way I'll have a record of telling about it beforehand. Then it won't be as though I made it up and just wanted to be noticed.
That's not my heart at all. I only want what He wants for me. I only want His words in my mouth. I only want to do what He wants me to do. That's a given, but how do I handle this? Shouldn't I share this with others? I think so. Its imortant to share. Keeping things inside only leads to stagnation and depression and God knows I don't want to get depressed or stagnate.
I want to write and sing and see the beauty that is in creation and know that everyone around me can as well.
That's where our joy comes from. The inner joy that breeds security and confidence and eventually boldness.

No comments:

Post a Comment