Wednesday, August 11, 2010

are you busy yet?

I wonder just how it is that we schedule so many things into our lives and then complain about it?
I was thinking of how many meetings I am involved in all of a sudden. First, one here, then on to the next one and reschedule yet another so you can be at still another meeting and not miss any of them. I have definitely been pampered these past months not having anything pressing in or encroaching on my "me " time. I will "just have to adjust" as my beautiful wife has reminded me just now. Yes, I suppose I will. I've come to the conclusion that I've been the center of my world here in 'the upper room' for too long.
On a brighter note, I will get to interact with new people again; something I relish but seldom do with my work load here in the studio. I am going to change that and make a concerted effort to reenter the 'flow' that runs it's course each day throughout the city. The problem will be the commute from small town to big city. I am so used to just getting out of bed and stepping into the next room and I'm 'at work'. How convenient is that? Now you are getting the picture of just how spoiled I've become. I know I shouldn't be telling on myself this way but I think it's good for my ego to humiliate itself in this fashion even if it is just slightly, and see how I take it.
I think little 'ouches' are much better than big 'owies', don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment