Monday, August 9, 2010

...merrily we roll along

The heat really got to me today. I was in and out of the different places I had to visit in short spurts and of course the 'Burb' was like an oven each time I opened the door to get in from being locked. It took at least ten minutes to cool down each time and by then I had arrived at the next destination and locked it up again. Thank goodness I heard the weatherman announce a change on the horizon by the weekend.
The Man Up Program is getting some rapid changes as I pass it by certain individuals on the way to finalizing it, but I am concerned that I'm not getting in enough of the 'meat' here in the beginning for people to catch the spirit of how important the program is for all involved. There again, I know that not everyone is going to have the kind of passion I do for the idea, but I do expect a lot of support from a large contingent.

I finished a new song today before I left on errands.
"Baptize Me John" was born from an idea that my pastor gave me when he described what it must have been like for John to actually hold Jesus in his arms as he baptized him. Can you imagine the scene?I do, over and over in my mind, especially after writing the lyrics. I really hope for a good response to this one. It came quickly and that in and of itself is telling. The good ones for me don't take much time at all. I've written some songs in a matter of a few minutes and ended up changing only a few lines; if any. That's when I know it has a chance to be really good because it doesn't take any time to put together. "Somebody Find Me" was the same way. Matthew and I wrote it in about twenty minutes at Panera Bread in Tulsa and went back to his condo and recorded it in about an hour. I have changed a few things but for the most part it's just like it was the first hour we sat there in that Panera Bread and talked about the plight of young people on the streets all over the world.
I'm excited about the new program. I only hope I can convey the importance to the ones that will support it so that it gets a good start. I think it will carry on once people see the value of helping these men.

No comments:

Post a Comment