Tuesday, August 17, 2010

...."how sweet it is"

The sounds of the interstate kept me company in the way home.
I sat, almost dozing, watching the traffic around me busily jockeying in and out of position on their way home; almost everyone in a hurry to get 'there'.
Today was my first official day as the Program Director `for the new plan we intend to put into place to help homeless men.
The Pastor at the church is a very fine man. I don't use that term very often, so you can understand my use of it here. I will learn a great deal from him in the coming weeks, I'm sure.
The others are all very nice and interestingly enough, very dedicated. I find that a marvelous trait, especially these days when so many are only out for what they can get for 'you know who'.
And so, in the end, at the end of a long, but fruitful day, I can sit back in my chair and sigh,"...how sweet it is".

No comments:

Post a Comment