Saturday, February 17, 2024

 



"Sometimes there's just not enough rocks" (Forrest Gump)

We often make ourselves the victim by not being prepared. How else do we get into so many odd predicaments and wonder how we got there? It's certainly not the law of averages that brings us to our knees. It has to be an attack of some sort. Do we bring it on ourselves by our own actions or there is a 'plot' to take us down. Either way we are in trouble, right? Right. God doesn't 'bring evil' into our lives, He protects us from the evil. However, our free will gets us into more disconcerting situations than we can count because we haven't yet learned how to be 'perfect' like Jesus. He's the only one that was so far and there's a big chance that record will stand.
How do we get past the starting gate on heading toward perfection? I would first go to the 'owner's manual' for a reference. God's Word does have a bearing on all of this, after all, so we might just 'take a little stroll' through the pages and see if we can come up with any evidence on my theory.

For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
 
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. II Cor. 4:17-18
That's a good start.
How else can we get past the influx of the often daily onslaught? It does seem to be a 'regular happening'. 
It's like 'someone is out to get me!' ( I laugh)
No, I'm not paranoid, it's just a fact of life. We got handed a world bent on destruction for whatever reason, and we have to learn how to deal with it. We can't always blame it all on Adam and Eve you know. Or can we? After all, they did make a major faux pas didn't they? That's right, blame it on the grand parents. That way they give us a plausible excuse and get out of it too. 
"The snake made me do it!"
That was easy. Right off the bat, a way out. Isn't that what we all do? We look for someone or something else to take the blame for what we've actually done. 
"I didn't do it!" "It was Mikie's fault!" The perfect scapegoat. I could always blame it on my little brother, not that I got away with 'it'. But it did work some of the time.

My premise for 'getting out of it' doesn't hold water in the end. God knows everything. He sees everything. Most of all, He sees the heart and certainly knows the motives.
 
"For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he..." Proverbs 23

Now we come to the part where I say something magnanimous and everybody marvels at the insight. Sorry, I don't feel very magnanimous right now. 
The good take away here is that our Father is a loving God and has made a provision for circumstances just like these. Oh the many times I have tried to get out of trouble I created is off the chart. Yup, I'm human. Not a news flash. We all are; I think. Although, I have suspected occasionally that some people I have come into contact with aren't.
The good takeaway here is that the Father has made provisions for exactly what I have been presenting here. Our mistakes/ sins. 
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 
I John 2:1-3
Yup, a way out. Isn't that just like our Father to have a plan already in place for what He knew we would do.... from the beginning? Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment