Monday, June 19, 2023

 

Update6/18/23

Hello again. It's Saturday morning at the lake and the vehicles with boat trailers are in and out like Walmart shoppers. I didn't know they made so many kinds of boats and pontoons. As a matter fact I did know they made so many all-terrain vehicles either. Little two man, four man, six man vehicles with knobby tires and no doors and let's not forget golf carts; how do you know which one to choose?

I'm surprised that the weather has been so mild since we been here. We've gotten rain about every other day and the cool breezes are excellent appear on this elevated deck. As I said before, it will be hard to leave this magnificent setting but there again we have miles to go before we sleep.

I'm looking forward to find out when we can move into the house. The inspector is unsure about the roof and we have some issues with the plumbing hanging loose underneath that needs to be addressed. We also found out that the painters painted over the wall sockets in some places which doesn't surprise me. Things like that are very telling when it comes to the quality of workmanship goes into a project. You can tell these people wanted to flip this property ASAP and probably hired cut rate workers or inexperienced workmen to do the job. The outside trim work and underneath the carport got a quick one coat of spray paint but it probably won't last a year. I think we're going to extend the little deck anyway so some painting is in order.

We really like the convenience of only being a few minutes away from church. After traveling an hour or more each way for over three years, it will be good to save on gas money for a change. It may sound selfish but my highest priority is to get the studio set up again. God's given me three songs this week and I'm behind on my will web building work so having my tools set up and ready to use will be a big plus factor.

I've been recording the song ideas on garage band, a little app on my phone. There's a bit of a learning curve but I'm getting to the point that I can get set up fairly quickly and began the musical process. Getting past the technical and onto the creative as quickly as possible is essential.

I'll close out this update for now and look forward to bringing you more of a spiritual message next time. I thought it would be in order to keep everyone apprised of what's going on with the Lord family. I know many of you been praying for us and that is so welcome to especially in this day and time. We are so blessed. We are seeing a lot of our friends going through some tumultuous times. We see how brave th­­­­­­­ey are and how resilient. It's amazing to see how God is working in their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment