Tuesday, June 27, 2023

 T minus 9 and counting

It's nine days away if everything falls into place. We should sign the closing papers on the house on the 6th and begin moving in. I know there are a lot of things that need to happen before it actually does happen, but I believe it's very possible. I am recovering from some sort of stomach issue. I spent almost all night on my knees in the bathroom; a very unpleasant experience to say the least. I can't believe how fast it came on. One moment I'm fine and the next moment I'm sick as a dog. Thank goodness Dianna didn't have the same issues.

The weather is really going to be something to overcome in the coming days. The near 100-degree days are early this year and timing couldn't be any worse for the move. We have two trailers, two storage units and a van filled to overflowing with our belongings. All the housewares, both offices and both bedrooms and clothes; the full Monty. I hate to ask our friends to help again but that's the only way we can do it. They worked their butts off getting everything out of the house and shop and in a rainstorm for part of it, asking for help again is tough. They are so giving, it makes one wonder how much they can stand before they say, "That's all I can do". No way to pay back these kinds of sacrifices. Love is a great equalizer.

I'm excited to find out what a new microphone can do. I bought it after seeing its advertised versatility and possible assets. I have never seen a mic with built in software and multiple connections. With the advent of podcasts, I can feature us doing some live streaming. Dianna has really come on strong with her devotionals. Her insight has grown to a much greater depth these last few years. I am amazed at the insight and wisdom God is imparting to her of late. The podcast may just be a favorable option; a good way to get the Gospel out to a larger audience.

One thing I definitely won't miss is the 'cell like' room we are in for the time being. I feel much like a caged animal, but I can look forward to the open space of the kitchen, living room, dining room space of the new house. 

I'm still feeling a bit spoiled after 'living' on that deck at the lake. I really miss the bird symphony each morning and the uninhibited prayer time and so many other things. Oh well. Our new deck will make up for that pretty soon.

I'll be excited to see what the new studio will look like. I am paring down to minimums and keeping all the bells and whistles to the barest minimums in order to make the best use of the limited space I have now.

Not having the woodshop is painful but I understand why it needed to go. I probably had invested somewhere around $12K to $15K, some of which I never got to use. I was pleased to see Todd get it. He is the best candidate for it and I'll still get to make some use of the tools for specialty projects.

Please let me know if you have any ideas as to discussion of topics. I'm open to open forum sharing, hit me up.

I will be ecstatic Su

No comments:

Post a Comment