Friday, July 2, 2010

At last....

Hello my good friends. We have been in Colorado for over a month now and loving every moment of it. We have had a wonderful camp (Camp Elim)with almost 50 children attending experiencing well over 20 salvations and many redeications.
The nicest part this year had to be the staff. We had three adult men to help Michael and several cooks to help in the kitchen. The hard part was getting the food to the tabernacle to feed everyone. If you don't recall or haven't been informed as yet, the dinning hall burned this past winter and it was deemed unusable by tne building inspector, so we had to move the dining facility to the tabernacle and also use it as the classroom. Things went well and no one seemed the worse for wear in all of the changes and things progressed nicely overall.
I was especially impressed with my beautifu wife, Dianna. Her teaching skills have matured from being a semi timid person more or less 'sharing' a thought to a very informed expressionist with good points and excellent references backing up her observations. I look forward to the Lord using her a great deal in the future.
We have traveled to Colorado Springs to be with my mother and sister for a few days. The rest is very much a welcomed change from the "camp" atmosphere. My sister's home is very nice and we are relaxing for the holiday in style.
I will meet with a book editor/ teacher this afternoon to see how well we "fit". I am in hopes that the Lord has provided a new addition to the mix as we look forward to getting an agent for our books. This woud add the muc needed expertise and literary knowledge to our work that has been very much a needed entity. Please keep us in prayer that this is the beginning of what we have hoped for in the way of literary guidance.
We have felt that God has been orchestrating some sort of a change in our lives this past two months, but we don't know as yet what all may be looming before us in the near future.
I have had a chance to see the news of late and all is pointng toward the soon return of our Lord to take us out of here before the worst of it begins to happen that we read so much about in Revelation.
Be ready my friends. This is no light, unimportant time we live in just now.
All things have been accomplished, according to the Word, that have to be done to complete God's steps to finish his plan. Be ready.

I will post some blogs that I wrote while in the mountains. I saved them to my laptop and believe that they convey things that I want to share with you all. Look for them soon.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment