Thursday, July 15, 2010

"...in the shelter of your arms...."

The evening shadows are forming on the wall outside my window. I can see the traffic on the road going back and forth from east to west like giant ants at a picnic.
I'm not interested in getting out in the heat these days because the heat index is around 110. I don't do well in the heat and so I merely 'observe' the outside world from my little perch high up in my air conditioned room.
What I am interested in is what is going on in the Spirit realm. I was up about 3:30 this morning and into Romans. I usually stay away from Romans because it is so legalistic and hard to read and King James isn't the easiest version to translate into everyday language; but I still read it. It gives me great comfort to hear the sounds of the words 'splashing' across my mind like an incoming wave from the Gulf.
I ramble in my mind, thinking first one thing and then another not really trying to stay 'on point' about any one topic in particular. I want to be open to what the Lord wants to tell me so I listen more than I think and that tends to give me a bit of a lazy atmosphere in my mind.
I want to hear what it is that God intends to have me do next, but I haven't heard anything concrete; or am I just too dense? I pray not.

We are on a quest. By we, I mean Dianna and I. We are looking at the chance of starting a publishing company with a lady in Colorado. her credentials are impeccable and her heart is toward the Lord, so I have been inclined to be very positive about it. I need to get into something that is productive and substantive and prosperous. It has been too long now that we have been 'church mice', living like vagabonds not knowing where the funds are coming from for the bills that all too often get paid far too late.

I don't believe that God intends for us to live this way. I more often than not think that it's something I'm not doing that is placing us in this condition month after month.
I have resolved to turn every penny that comes in over to Dianna. She can manage money. I cannot. I am loath to say that my business management skills are sorely lacking. That more than anything else is the cause for our present standing.
How's that for transparency? A freshly washed window in the full light of day.

My only solace is the fact that I can go into my prayer closet and seek the face of God, knowing full well that I will find comfort and encouragement and answers. That's why I am searching things out 'in the spirit' just now.
The work that I expect never comes and the work that we do get comes up unexpectedly. Why is that? Shouldn't I be ready for what is forthcoming after having heard from God as to what he would have me do next? Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? Get the message, work toward the outcome and see the increase come about.... isn't that the way of it? You can see my concern as to 'missing the boat' so to speak.

"Ah but it's so good to be in the shelter of your arms...."

No comments:

Post a Comment