Thursday, July 8, 2010

...on our way home...

I never thought that I would ever be uneasy about 'going home'.
The mere thought of home, my own bed, all the great friends waiting to welcome us back and the loving memories of just being 'in my own atmosphere' are little comfort to me just now.
Word came at dawn of a grievous family problem that looks insurmountable from a distance. I can only wonder what it will entail when we arrive.

Not going into any great detail, I can only say that it was not welcome news in the least.
Life is like that though. The most unexpected happenings are what pop up when you least expect them and you have to 'deal with it'.
I am so glad we had a 'rest period' though before we have to go back into the fray; we certainly will need to rely on what rest we have had, I can see that much.
I am almost anxious to see what God will do in all of this. The Word says "be anxious for nothing", but it's not easily accomplished in the face of such a dilema.
I do however, have a great sense of trust in it all and I am going to try my very best to be a stalwart soldier in it all and make my Master proud that he took time to teach me some things that I know in my 'knower' will be needed in the coming days.
Please say a little prayer for us as we walk through this together as a family and come out on the other side to the 'testimony time'. It will be interesting in deed.
Blessings
John

No comments:

Post a Comment