Thursday, July 29, 2010

"...in the early mornin' rain..."

I heard a faint roll of thunder as I was leaving the sanctuary. We have been hoping for a cooling rain for days now and the sound of the raindrops on the metal roof was almost as cooling as the rain itself. Isn't it funny how sounds can give you the sensation of one thing or another?

My brain is tired. I have been reading a lot more than I usually do but that's a good thing. I intend to improve a great deal in the coming weeks in more than one area and I know that it will take some careful study to do so. The learning curve is a rather long one but I am in hopes of seeing a good deal of progress with two things in particular that will mean a vast improvement in our lives in general. I hesitate to explain further because I want to surprise everyone with the good tidings when I reach my first goal. Does that perk your interest a little? I truly hope so.

My sweet wife has been attacked with a horrible rash for the past few days. Her poor little face is swollen and I know she must feel terribly self conscious as she goes about her daily routine. I got into some poison ivy one time and I thought I was going to die. Just now, I can't do a thing about it and it's making me feel awful. She has tried several remedies but thus far it's a losing battle. She is sleeping at the moment and I am hoping that the last effort she made with yet another product recommended will indeed bring some relief. Bless her heart, I know she feels at a loss after two solid days of excruciating itch and torment.

Her comment to me earlier was classic Dianna. She said something to the effect that we were probably in line for a huge blessing because we have been attacked so much. Isn't that the way of it though? The more the enemy comes against you, the more you fight back and the more you overcome and that in time brings great victories.
I certainly pray that to be true in our daughter's life. Her trials, although self inflicted, are weighing heavy on my mind. We can only stay out of the way at this point and let God come through... as he always does. In the meantime, it's so hard not to try this or that to remedy the situation. I know better though, because I've been there before and the worst possible thing to do when trouble like this comes is try and resolve it with your own thinking, your own powers, your own bravado. How little we know. Trust is the best remedy, without a doubt.
"Trust & obey.... there is no other way..."







No comments:

Post a Comment