Thursday, July 29, 2010

testing 101

How often do we look at the events we are experiencing as a test? In the heat of the moment I find myself all but 'shutting down' mentally, focusing more on the duel than the 'destination'.
After the fact, I then look back and see what I have come through, reflecting on the circumstances and reasons for what has occurred. Sometimes it's almost like looking in the rear view mirror and seeing the carnage of a car wreck on the road behind me as I drive away.
Am I running from life? I don't think so, but I am aware of the dangerous times we are moving into at a much faster pace than I have ever known. The news bears record of my concerns. Crime has increased incrementally each year for the past five years and the trend is growing in numbers at an alarming rate. I've noticed the heightened anger levels people exhibit in public and that pushes me toward avoiding gatherings a lot more than it ever has. I used to relish going out, but I would rather stay put these days.
After reading over this I wonder what others are thinking and how they deal with the pressures of this modern world.

No comments:

Post a Comment